BEA is Hiring a Development Director
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Project Director
Location: remote, anywhere in the U.S.
The Building Equity and Alignment initiative (the BEA) seeks an experienced Development Director to expand and diversify its fundraising and move toward an environmental philanthropy culture rooted in social justice, equity and sustainability.
We are looking for a seasoned candidate with a creative and strategic development vision, including the ability to work collaboratively to generate new and innovative ideas. This position is expected to leverage the BEA’s mission and program achievements into meaningful connections with potential donors and funders. This is a new position and intended to grow to lead a development team as the BEA staff expands and takes on a new governance structure.
The Development Director will lead the BEA’s efforts to transform philanthropy and lead our fundraising work, including for the BEA Fund. The BEA Fund supports the grassroots organizing sector to advance the environmental and climate justice movement, and has already shifted more than $1.5 million to 60 groups across the U.S., including Puerto Rico. The Development Director will focus on sustaining and growing our general operating and BEA Fund revenue.
Working for the BEA provides an excellent opportunity to plug into a real movement-building effort during this historic time; the first “de-siloed” effort of its kind to effectively address disparities of resources and access among the philanthropic, big green, grassroots, and their allied sectors. This position offers a flexible schedule, a nationally distributed team that works remotely, and offers a generous benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the BEA staff, leadership, and participants to identify, steward and solicit donations and develop and execute a fundraising plan.
- Draft and timely submit letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and reports to funders, and perform necessary follow-up.
- Represent the BEA’s work and values effectively and compellingly as the lead Development staff person at conferences, BEA activities, and fundraising events.
- Build systems and organizational culture to coach staff, leadership, and participants on donor engagement across multiple channels, leveraging donors to build power and impact.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in fundraising with individual and institutional donors, and in growing long-term support for an organization.
- Strategic and creative thinking: ability to set priorities, balance short-term and long-term objectives, prioritizing long-term financial health of the initiative.
- Strong analytical, data-driven and relationship building approach to fundraising.
- Background in environmental and/or social justice philanthropy highly desired.
The BEA strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. The BEA provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We strongly encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
Details at a glance
This is a full-time, remote position with flexible schedule. Salary range is $90,000 to $100,000. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, 4 weeks of vacation, retirement, and reimbursement for home office expenses. This job may require up to 25% travel.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to @email.